Earthy potatoes, crisp green beans, creamy goat cheese, and fresh tarragon make up this delicious salad. I created this salad because it keeps well in the fridge, it’s super satisfying, and it’s good for you. If you save some of the potatoes and green beans with a little butter or olive oil, you have a side the kids may eat, too.
I made it for clients this week, and it’s gotten rave reviews.
Here’s the recipe!
Fingerling Potato, Green Bean, and Black Olive Salad with Goat Cheese
For the Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 pound of Fingerling potatoes
- 1 cup green beans, cut in 1″ pieces
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Tarragon, minced
- 1/3 cup Soft Goat cheese, crumbled (I LOVE the Laura Chenel “Chabis“)
- 2 tbsp. White Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Good olive oil
- Salt and pepper
And the instructions:
1. Place the fingerlings in a saucepan, cover with water, put in 1 tsp. of salt, and bring to a simmer. Cook for about 12 minutes, until the potatoes are soft and you can insert a knife easily. Drain in a colander and let cool. Slice the potatoes in half on the diagonal.
2. Bring a small saucepan to a boil. Cut the ends of the green beans, and cut into 1″ pieces. Salt the water with 1 tsp salt, and when boiling, add the green beans. Cook for 2-3 minutes, and drain in a colander. Taste them, and if they’re getting too soft, rinse them with cold water to stop the cooking process.
3. Place the potatoes, green beans, black olives, and season with vinegar and olive oil. If you are planning to eat the salad later, add the vinegar right before eating because the acid can discolor the green beans. Toss in the tarragon, salt and pepper, and mix. Crumble the goat cheese on top, and dig in!
Enjoy, and if you decide to make this recipe, I would love to know what you thought of it!