I’ve made this bread 5 times in the last two weeks. It’s addictive. It’s healthy. And if you’re fast, it can literally come together in less than 7 minutes. Maybe not on the first time, but once you get the hang of it, it’s super easy. And incredibly forgiving if you need to substitute ingredients.
Here’s the recipe!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar. you could use honey or maple syrup. if you like it sweeter, add an extra 2-3 tbsp.
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1.5 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup coconut or olive oil, or melted butter
And the instructions:
1. Place all of your dry ingredients in a bowl. That’s the almond flour, sugar, spices, baking powder/soda and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, place the eggs and oil.
3. Pour your wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until the mixture comes together. Fold in the diced apple with a spatula.
4. Bake in a greased 8″cake pan or 8″ cast iron pan at 350 for 22-25 minutes. You know it’s ready when the top has browned and is firm to the touch. It could be a minute or two more, or a minute or two less. Just make sure to keep checking it.
If you decide to make it, let me know what you think!